Established in 2016, the Mountain Sun Collective is a new type of real estate company; a comprehensive sustainable and design and development group with a mission to conserve our natural and energy resources by delivering Low-Impact + High-Performance Development projects.
To keep wild-lands wild. And to leave the world a better place than we found it.
Building a sustainable planet.
The cornerstone of the Mountain Sun Collective mission is to foster a land ethic. We are a innovative, boutique creative group of land use professionals, providing land management, real estate consulting and sustainable development services around the globe. We invest in our community and in the conservation + preservation of wilderness and open space. We provide a thoughtful approach to land use, with a mission to provide the most harmonious blending of our natural + built environments. To do no unnecessary harm, we abide by the three pillars of sustainability - taking action that focuses on positive social, environmental and economic development.
We believe there can be fair, equitable and sustainable development, without harm to our environment that sustains our life. We will be vocal advocates to defend our public lands, oceans, the conservation of wild places, biodiversity, clean water, and natural beauty. We are a different type of firm, we don't fit into an ordinary box of a real estate or environmental consultant. We strive to provide the BEST value-added services in the industry, with a focus on seeing successful projects that also contribute to the betterment of society.
Founded by Russ Hooper, a professional civil engineer, LEED Accredited Professional and Licensed Real Estate Associate. Inspiration for the company comes from his deep roots in the outdoors of Northern California and the Pacific Northwest, enjoying the abundance and beauty of Nature.
Having worked on hundreds of projects, The Mountain Sun Collective brings years of professional environmental + engineering consulting, real estate advising and development services experience in California, Texas, Colorado, Washington and internationally.
Our vision is to weave a land ethic into the fabric of our society; to advance the understanding, stewardship and restoration of land health; and to cultivate leadership for conservation.
What We've Achieved
- Partnered with 1% For the Planet since our founding in 2016. A global movement to support grass-roots environmental issues - because together we can do more than we can alone. We contribute at least one percent of annual sales to high-impact environmental nonprofits to help protect the planet.
- Registered Professional Engineers in California and Texas.
- City of Austin Green Business Leader, Gold distinction - 2017 (COA Office of Sustainability).
- Partnered with Lost Coast Expeditions, to launch Expedition.Earth - an initiative providing global environmental awareness through sustainable and experiential travel. We will be leading a tour to South America in February 2017.
- Partnered with an Urban Agriculture startup in Austin, Texas helping to provide access to fresh food for all, with the mission to alleviate food insecurity issues, both locally and nationally.
- Mountain Sun was an early adopter of the Sustainable SITES Initiative - a green building certification system for sustainable landscapes and green infrastructure.
- Joined forces with Coldwell-Banker Lake Tahoe to provide real estate broker referrals in conservation and raw land.
- Partnered with the North Coast Regional Land Trust (NCRLT) to help conserve old growth forests and habitat in northern California.
- Partnered with the Rainforest Alliance to help bring awareness to the global depletion or primary rainforests through outreach and travel.
- Joined the global social collaborator + incubator, Impact Hub: with offices around the World, forming a network of socially conscious businesses.
- Active member of Engineers Without Borders (EWB) since 2002, providing technical and peer review to clean water and sanitation projects around the world.
All Rights Reserved. 2017 Mountain Sun Holdings, LLC